The Curve, Fashion Week

Fashion week, organized by The Curve, Mutiara Damansara on 14th to 17th May 2009.

I saw this notice from local photography forum, www.photokaki.com on Friday 15th May. What caught my attention was Malaysian Dream Girl, Grand Finale at 7pm on 15th May. I immediately look at my desktop's clock and amazingly it was 7pm too! It looks like I'll missed a great event because by the time I reached The Curve it will 9pm. So, I decided to go on Saturday just for the fashion show, but I got lazy and ended up in Starbucks next to my apartment drinking Mocha while online.

Then, I planned again to go on Sunday, invited my friend to join me along. I was suppose to go there at 2pm to shoot fashion show, while my friend will meet me there about 3++pm, but I ended up reacing The Curve at 3.30pm, after I woke up at 1pm. When I reached there, I saw a lot of photographers taking photos, some standing on their own ladders, some sitting infront of the runway, and some even standing just at the edge of the runway, like transparant (hokkien says "jiak po leh tua") shooting up with their various mobile camera like trying to captured "something". Then, an Indian photographer standing next to me shouted "Oi, Lu orang tengok perempuan ka???" (I'm guessing he meant "Oi, you people trying to PEEP ka???) Finally he got the security guard to back them off - for a while.

I've got a few shots that I like a lot, but then I decided to delete it after seeing few heads blocking the view. Which is a dissapointment. I managed to shoot 1.5 sessions, 3.30-4pm, then 5-6pm. Most of the shots was taken at ISO800 without flash, spot metering, aperture priority and continuous auto focusing.

Between the break, Lepiak and I went to Pho Hoa Noodle Soup, eating its tasty beef stew with Vietnamese Drip Coffee with Milk and Ice. Its a wonderful meal.

By the way I noticed All IT Hypermarket, in Ikano Power Centre (known as Ikea) sells the cheapest Sandisk memory card, even cheaper than Lowyatt Plaza. Sandisk Extreme IV, 4gb CF card, 300x /45mbps (read/write) costing RM199, while cheapest rate in Lowyatt was RM260.


photo01photo02photo03photo04photo05photo06photo07photo08photo09photo10photo11
More fashion photos, visit: The Curve Fashion

7 comments:

Karlos said...

Nice shots Bro! Thats what i call a fashion show!

Pete said...

Haha.. I sense some hidden meaning. lol. Yeah, its an awesome show.

Ika Wardani said...

Very nice fashion!!! Really on the catwalk.....

Pete said...

Hi Edi Retnati, thank you for viewing and dropping comments. =)

Terrick said...

Nice shots Bro! Now only I see models! lol

RWP said...

simple but nice.
did u said u didnt use flash at all?
ur 2.8 must be very handy that time.

Pete said...

Hi Roger, yep.. very handy. 2.8 and VR. lol.

Post a Comment