MC.Net @ KL

Mc.net, expanding, growing, spreading till KL! I believe that it is the 1st ever KL photo session and gathering for Mc.net members and it is 100% Mirians gathering! Wow... all Mirians. Those attended were Shutter Hero & the gang, Pei & the gang and Me & gang (This HUGE gathering can legally occupy 75% of A taxi) :)

This is the 1st time I met up with them and we gathered near Pasar Seni LRT station @ 1100hrs, before heading towards Central Market(I thought Central Market was a fish market... but its NOT! It aircond and selling lots of art stuffs) for lunch. We had a lot of chit chats during lunchtime at Old Town Kopitiam, and Shutterhero lives up to his nick. He's a film user, taught me a lot about film that I never know.. which I think I still have lots of things to learn from him. We've been talking about cameras and photography (hope Pei isnt bored with us.. haha.) and he showed me a different perspective of shooting a photograph which all this while I never tried coz I thought it is bored and obviously Shutterhero changed my view on that. Shutterhero likes to shoot symmectrical portraits with symmectrical background. He did a very good jobs in making the photography interesting.

After lunch Shutterhero brought us to checkout KL 2009 Portraiture Photo Awards exhibition. Its a great exhibition, where a lot of photos really amazed me, I've even seen one of photos that got into the exhibition that was shot by polariod and this proves 1 thing - you dont need great cameras to shoot great photos.

After visiting the exhibition, we walked to Station Kuala Lumpur, one of the heritage buildings. It was very hot and humid day, and we decided to have another cup of tea before shooting.

We started shooting at the centre platform between two railways. To me, Pei is very comfortable with us.. and I must add this comment - Pei is TALL! haha... (nearly forgotten to add tat comment). After that we went outside the buildings, took a few snaps and it started raining, and, we headed back for another cup of tea. Before that, I manage to get 2 shots from the subway passage crossing railways and streets doing wireless shooting and I've another I.V.C.H.F.S.

We then continuing with KTM office and mosque areas. We ended up around 6pm. We are all exhausted especially Pei, to walk such a long distance with high heels isn't pleasant. Thanks to her, I'm able to meet up with ShutterHero and practicing photography.

photo01

5 comments:

-pEi- said...

wow u had been blogging about it more detailed which is good

I am definitely not boring because I am not yawning. hahahaha To be true, I really learned lots from both of u even sometimes I dun really get out of what both of u say

I am tall with my heels and we had a great time. Ya I am comfortable whenI was with both of u. Did not feel akward just hoping I dun scare u with my attitude and taking off my shoes from time to time...

Billy Ngu said...

Hey im in kl too, lols if i knew i tagged along

Karlos said...

Pete, this pic is nice! Like it!

Pete said...

Hi Bill, next time I'll give you a shout if there's any outings! Cheers!!

RWP said...

yeah.... it's the d 1st mc.net photog gathering in kL. pete made this happen. hooray to pete.

and yeah, Pei is TALLER than i thought!

thank you for mentioning me here. my nickname is just a nick i created a few years back when i started shooting film seriously. shooting film seriously doesnt mean i get all the exposure right. many went to the drain. only a few best shots. but that's the reality. not all our shots r perfect, but we can learn to achive that perfection. so dont afraid to shoot / explore. fully utilised ur camera & lens and you will be able to understand your camera and its' products.

yes, pete i like that phrase "you dont need great cameras to shoot great photos."

nice to meet u and pei.**will upload mine later.

Post a Comment